After a basic technical SEO audit we've had:
- 20 pages with 404 errors
- 176 pages with duplicated content
- 261 pages with the same title
- 2011 pages with the same description
- 64 pages without title
- 242 pages without description
- 24 broken redirects (URL1->URL2 while URL2 is unavailable - 4xx or 5xx error)
- 2527 redirect chains (URL1->URL2->URL3...)
- 5229 images without alt attributes
PageSpeed Insights rated website with the red zone for both mobile and desktop versions.
Brand-new domain - 0 backlinks.The question was:
Why does a taxi service website have so many pages?
The client thought that it was a good idea to generate landing pages for each route, e.g., street 1 -> street 2. Sure, those pages should've been filled with the content. So without it, it was nothing but a doorway for Google. Prices.
This factor also plays a role, since a too-expensive taxi will have a higher bounce rate that turns into more efforts to reach TOP-3. The prices were a little above the average. Content.
The homepage and several other landing pages had unique content with USP, so we only needed to extend it and stuff a few keywords we targeted.